Kyburz Tetra (Pseudochalceus kyburzi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Kyburz Tetra)
95 Litres (25 US G.)
7-8 cm (2.8-3.1")
6.0 - 6.5
23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to sex visually.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful fish that's best kept in shoals of 6 or more with larger robust fish and nothing with long finnage such as larger Barb species.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods such as pellet and flake but prefers live/frozen food such as bloodworm and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious tank with some hiding places as well as open swimming space. Does best in acidic water.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful shoaling fish but can be nippy.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongate and hump-backed tetra with a pale silver-white base colour and a broad black lateral line running from the nose to the caudal peduncle. The dorsal fin is long and all fins are mostly transparent.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )