Black Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon kuiteri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse)
Black Leopard Wrasse
208 Litres (55 US G.)
8.9-10.2cm (3.5-4 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Black Leopard Wrasse, Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse, Kuiter's Wrasse, Ear-Spot Wrasse
- Presently found only from New Caledonia to the southern Great Barrier Reef and New South Wales (Australia).
- Protogynous hermaphrodites; females are red, and black with blue spotting. Males are maroon-red with green stripes.
- Mixes well with peaceful tankmates.
- Reputed as a finicky eater; pellets, as well as live/frozen food will work.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Keep in a spacious tank with hiding places, as well as open swimming space. The tank should be mature and well filtered.
- A peaceful active shoaling fish. The lead fish of the shoal is one male over several females. Keeping several males can induce sparring.
- A protogynous hermaphrodite, where the females are red with white spots, and a white face with red spots, while juveniles of this species have spots called ocelli on their dorsal and anal fins, which are lacking in the adults. Males have beautiful pink banding on the face and cheeks..
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )