Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Indo-Pacific White-Banded Cleaner Shrimp)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
57 Litres (15 US G.)
2.5-5.1cm (1-2 ")
8.2 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, Indo-Pacific White-Banded Cleaner Shrimp, Indo-Pacific White-Striped Cleaner Shrimp, Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp, Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- These shrimp are hermaphroditic.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful shrimp that will 'clean' fish. Do not keep with aggressive fish or other invertebrates that may eat or attack it. The shrimp can be kept singly or in groups.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Removes dead tissue and parasites from passing fish. They will also clean your hand while you do tank maintenance.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Will pick at passing fish.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- It will not tolerate copper or high levels of nitrates in the aquarium, but will require correct levels of iodine in the water to promote proper moulting.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shrimp, will set up a 'cleaning station' where passing fish will pause to have parasites and dead tissue removed.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This shrimp has a pale yellow body and legs with two bold red stripes running down its back with a white stripe dividing the two. There are two white spots at the end of its tail. It can be mistaken for the Lysmata grabhami, but the L. grabhami does not have these spots.