Blue Gularis (Fundulopanchax sjostedti)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Golden Pheasant)
38 Litres (10 US G.)
10-12.5 cm (3.9-4.9")
6.0 - 8.0
15 -28 °C (59-82.4°F)
- Blue Gularis, SJO, Golden Pheasant
Additional scientific names
- Aphyosemion sjoestedti, Fundulus sjostedti
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are drab brown. The males have all the colour.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Only compatible with fish it can't eat. It has a VERY large mouth but is peaceful with fish it can't swallow.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- In the wild it eats fish, worms and aquatic crustaceans. Does best on live food but in reality it will eat anything meat based.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- They will gorge themselves so their bellies look like they swallowed a marble; it's best to feed them small amounts several times a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Dim lighting may be preferable. In nature they are found in soft acid, neutral and hard water. Not only that but they can also be found in brackish water at the mouth of the Niger river in Nigeria. In the Cameroon population around Loe, they look fairly different from the Nigerian form and are found in soft acid water.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful with fish it cannot swallow.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- The biggest killifish and the only one with a trilobate tail. It is not hard to recognize this fish.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )