Gibbus Piranha (Serrasalmus gibbus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Gibbus Piranha)
284 Litres (75 US G.)
17.8-20.3cm (7-8 ")
6.5 - 7.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Gibbus Piranha, Gold Piranha, Silver-Scaled Piranha, Castelnau's Piranha
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are thicker and stockier than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Must be kept in a species tank only, preferably kept individually.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This Piranha's diet mainly consists of fish, they will take dead fish and it's not necessary to offer live fish. Occasionally will take plant matter also.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Once a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Needs an exceptionally large spacious tank with plenty of open swimming space and excellent filtration.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- An aggressive fish, must not be kept with others.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A large high-sided laterally compressed fish with the typical Piranha under bite and visible teeth. This fish has highly iridescent silver scales with slight golden yellow hues.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )