Georgett's Tetra (Hyphessobrycon georgettae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Georgis Tetra)
76 Litres (20 US G.)
2.5-4.1cm (1-1.6 ")
6.0 - 7.0
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
- Georgett's Tetra, Georgis Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Hyphessobrycon georgetti, Hemigrammus georgettae
Origin[edit | edit source]
- South America: Suriname.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature females will have a fuller thicker body than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Does well with other peaceful community fish, do not keep with aggressive or predatory fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will take most foods including flake, pellet and live/frozen foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Appreciate a mature spacious tank with both dense planting and open swimming space.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful mid-swimming shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Similar in body shape to the Cardinal Tetra, however, this fish is translucent with the spine and stomach visible. There is glittering iridescence on the body and fins.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )