Blue-Legged Hermit Crab (Clibanarius tricolor)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blue Leg Hermit Crab)
Blue-Legged Hermit Crab
38 Litres (10 US G.)
2.5-2.5cm (1-1 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
Additional scientific names
- Calcinus tricolor
- Blue-Legged Hermit Crab, Blue Leg Hermit Crab
- Endemic to the west Atlantic, especially the Caribbean Sea.
- Requires close examination.
- Mixes well with most tank mates. Be wary keeping with snails.
- Omnivorous, will eat fish food leftovers, fish wastes, and will sift the substrate for foodstuff. Feed them algae if food is scarce for them to find.
- Reef tanks will suffice.
- It is blue, and unlike other hermit crabs, both arms are equal sized.