Clown Killifish (Pseudepiplatys annulatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Banded Panchax)
38 Litres (10 US G.)
2.5-3.8cm (1-1.5 ")
5.5 - 7.2
23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Clown Killifish, Banded Killifish, Banded Panchax, Rocket Panchax, Rocket Killifish, Clown Panchax
Additional scientific names
- Epiplatys annulatus, Haplochilus annulatus, Aplocheilus annulatus
- Males have a more colourful tail.
- Due to this fish's timid nature it should only be housed with peaceful fish of similar tiny size. Be aware that they will eat or pick on fish which are smaller in size, such as shrimp.
- This fish can be kept in aquariums as small as 38 Litres (10 US G.). Keeping this fish in a group and in a heavily planted tank will help reduce stress on your fish. These fish are excellent jumpers, so a tight fitting lid is essential.
- This fish is typically timid and will frequently hide in the ornamentation.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )