Banded Darter (Etheostoma zonale)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Banded Darter)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
6.5 - 7.5
15.6-23.3°C (60 -74 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Banded Darter
Additional scientific names
- Poecilichthys zonalis
- Found in riffles and runs of streams in North America.
- Males are much more colourful, and will have blue stripes instead of brown. Sexing is much easier when fish are in breeding form.
- Since the majority of these specimens are wild caught is a good idea to feed them live food, as many will not learn to accept prepared food.
- Found in clear fast moving streams, so a tank should mimic this, they prefer others of their species as tank mates.
- Often sits on the bottom of the tank when housed alone.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )