From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Acidic)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Water with a ph lower than 7 is said to an acid.
- Acidic water can be high in carbon dioxide. This is called Carbonic acid.
- In a planted aquarum the plants will give off carbon dioxide when the lights are turned off, this will make the water become more acidic.
- The opposite of acid is alkaline.
- Some species of fish have difficulty breeding in non-acidic water even though they can live quite happily in alkaline water. Neon tetras and Cardinal tetras are the most commonly know examples.
- See article - How to make water more acidic