Abei Puffer (Pao abei)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Abei Puffer)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Abei Puffer, Abe's Puffer, Brown Spot Puffer
Additional scientific names
- Monotrete abei, Tetraodon abei
- Bangkok, and the Chao Phraya river system.
- Requires close examination.
- Aggressive, keep one to a tank with no other tank mates.
- A molluscivore, using it's beak-like teeth to break open the shell of the prey. They are also opportunistic piscivores.
- Planted tank.
- An aggressive fish that is best not kept with any other tank mates. An intelligent and curious fish however. Most active at dawn and dusk and will hide away during the day or when the tank lights are on bright.
- An attractive species of puffer with numerous pale spots uniformly distributed over a dark background. In live specimens observed from the Meklong and Chao Phraya basins, the spots are orange and the background brown or blackish brown. In some freshly preserved specimens from the Mekong basin (Xe Bang Fai) the spots were faintly orange.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )