Tench (Tinca tinca)
From The Aquarium Wiki
757 Litres (200 US G.)
60-70 cm (23.6-27.6")
7.0 - 8.0
4 -24 °C (39.2-75.2°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Found across Eurasia including the United Kingdom. Absent in Ireland.
- Mature male fish has a greatly thickened second ray and longer pelvic fin.
- A peaceful fish that does best in a group of its own kind.
- Prefers a meaty diet including sinking pellets, live and frozen daphnia, bloodworm and chopped earthworms.
- While juveniles can be kept in large aquariums, these are best suited for ponds. They prefer heavy vegetation.
- A peaceful fish.
- The Tench is olive green-brown in colour with a gold iridescence to their scales.
- Tinca tinca Prague Vltava 1.jpg
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )