Addis Butterflyfish (Chaetodon semilarvatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
18-23 cm (7.1-9.1")
8.2 - 8.5
23 -25 °C (73.4-77°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Addis Butterflyfish, Red Sea Butterflyfish, Masked Butterflyfish, Golden Butterflyfish
Additional scientific names
- Chaetodon melanopoma
- Found in the Red Sea.
- It is not possible to visually sex this fish.
- This fish can be territorial to its own species and towards similar Butterflyfish, otherwise generally peaceful towards tank mates. Best kept as the only Butterflyfish in the tank. Not generally reef safe.
- A carnivorous fish, will eat coral polyps and small invertebrates. Will take similar food in captivity such as mysis shrimp and may even adapt to marine flakes.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a spacious tank with hiding places in live rock.
- An active Butterflyfish is territorial towards its own species and other Butterflyfish, otherwise peaceful.
- A large oval fish which is yellow in colour with closely-spaced orange stripes on the sides, and a dark blue-gray patch behind the eyes.
|Wild pair:||Wild pair in quarantine:|
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )