|Contents||Top · 0-9 · A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
The Molly is one of the larger livebearer members of the Poeciliidae family. Through selective breeding and cultivation there are now many different varieties available. The wild types are rare and harder to come by. All mollies can tolerate some salt in their water, and will thrive in Brackish conditions. Some can even survive in lower level marine conditions!
It must be noted that the Mollies most often found in pet stores are hybrids of Poecilia latipinna, Poecilia velifera and Poecilia sphenops, not true Mollies. Because of this hybridisation some will be more tolerating of salt-free environments than others.
Interesting Reading[edit | edit source]
Pages in category "Mollies"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.(previous page) (next page)
Media in category "Mollies"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 15 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Poecilia latipinna1.jpg 14 KB
- Poecilia sphenops1.jpg 41 KB
- Poecilia sphenops2.jpg 79 KB
- Poecilia sphenops3.jpg 87 KB
- Poecilia sphenops4.jpg 135 KB
- Poecilia velifera1.jpg 42 KB
- Poecilia velifera2.jpg 60 KB
- Poecilia velifera3.jpg 92 KB
- Whitemollys-8919.jpg 4.36 MB