Scopas Tang (Zebrasoma scopas)
From The Aquarium Wiki
379 Litres (100 US G.)
20.3-30.5cm (8-12 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Scopas Tang, Brown scopas tang, Twotone Tang, Brown Sailfin Tang, Blue-Lined Tang, Two-Tone Surgeonfish
Additional scientific names
- Acanthurus scopas, Acanthurus altivelis, Acanthurus ruppelii
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Indo-Pacific: East Africa, including the Mascarene Islands to the Tuamoto Islands, north to southern Japan, south to Lord Howe and Rapa islands.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This fish will be territorial towards their own species and other Tangs, best to keep one Tang per tank.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- A herbivorous fish. will take marine algae, freeze-dried and frozen herbivore foods, Spirulina, zucchini, broccoli, leaf lettuce, and dried seaweed.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Ideally, the water temperature should be between 74 and 80F, specific gravity at 1.020 to 1.025 and pH between 8.1 and 8.4.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful. Generally it will get along with a wide variety of tank mates, but it does not mix with others of its genus.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Adults are dark brown dorsally and yellow ventrally with fine pale blue-green lines becoming dots anteriorly on body and on head. These colors gradually get darker from front to back. The tail is a solid brown color.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )