Moore's Lamprologus (Variabilichromis moorii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
76 Litres (20 US G.)
9-11 cm (3.5-4.3")
7.8 - 8.2
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
- Moore's Lamprologus
Additional scientific names
- Lamprologus moorii, Neolamprologus moorii
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Not an easy Cichlid to sex. Mature males tend to have longer finnage than mature females.
- This cichlid is relatively peaceful, even when spawning. It's best kept in pairs with other similar-sized Tanganyikan cichlids that don't occupy the same areas as this cichlid. It should not be kept with more boisterous Mbuna cichlids.
- This fish may accept most foods including cichlid pellets and flake, live/frozen foods such as brine shrimp, as well as some vegetable matter such as spirulina.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- These fish prefer a typical African Cichlid set up of rocky décor and caves with a sandy substrate. Excellent filtration is a must.
- Relatively peaceful in African Cichlid standards.
- Adults exhibit a dark patterning, but depending on locality, the fry may be dark (like adults), yellow or orange, with the yellow and orange juveniles taking on the adult colouration as they mature.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )