Okavango Tilapia (Tilapia ruweti)
114 Litres (30 US G.)
8.9-10.2cm (3.5-4 ")
7.8 - 8.6
22.2-27.8°C (72 -82 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Okavango Tilapia
Additional scientific names
- Pelmatochromis ruweti
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Swampy high plateaus of the Congo-Zambezi watershed, including the Lufira River. Also known from the Okavango delta. Reported from Zimbabwe.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are larger than females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Feisty, but can be managed due to size.
Diet[edit | edit source]
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Needs a mature tank with good filtration and hiding places.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Typical Cichlid and can be territorial. Colour will alter slightly depending on mood.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small species of Tilapia. Oval in body with a rounded head and blunt nose.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )