False Cuckoo Catfish (Synodontis lucipinnis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
False Cuckoo Catfish
132 Litres (35 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
6.5 - 8.5
22 -24 °C (71.6-75.2°F)
- Dwarf Lake Syno, False Cuckoo Catfish
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- The females are larger and broader than the males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A good community fish, but do not keep with very small fish or fry as they will be eaten, will not bother similar sized or larger fish. They are not bothered by company of their own kind.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will take most foods including pellet and flake, as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and bloodworm.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Will do well in most water parameters as long as levels such as nitrate and nitrite is kept under control. Will adapt to most environments, provide some hiding places, they prefer rocky hiding places rather than bogwood.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful fish that will spend it's days hunting around the substrate for food.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Looks similar to the Synodontis multipunctatus but is smaller and has a a solid white leading dorsal and pectoral fin ray and also has the spotted body pattern.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )