Leopard Catfish (Perrunichthys perruno)
From The Aquarium Wiki
568 Litres (150 US G.)
50-60 cm (19.7-23.6")
6 - 7.5
23.9-25.6°C (75 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Leopard Catfish, Perruno Catfish
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to visually sex. Mature females may be thicker set in appearance than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A very large growing fish that will eat anything that fits in its very large mouth. Best kept with similar-sized fish in very large aquaria, such as Oxydoras niger and large Characins or South American Cichlids.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Can be mistaken for Leiarius marmoratus which is more common than this fish. The fish are identical in terms of colouration although P. perruno has 8 (1 hard and 7 soft) dorsal fin rays, Leiarius has 10 or 11.
- The Perruno is a chunky catfish with a broad head and large mouth with three sets of barbels. It is brown in colour with large darker spots.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )