From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Open Brain Coral)
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Open Brain Coral, Lobed Brain Coral, Coloured Brain Coral, Carpet Brain Coral, Flat Brain Coral, Meat Coral, Modern Coral, Large Flower Coral
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This is a semi-aggressive coral and will sting other corals with its sweeping tentacles, so it should be placed with this in mind. Do not keep with fish or inverts that may nip at it.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This coral feeds mostly on zooxanthellae hosted within its body through photosynthesis. It will benefit from occasional supplementary feedings of micro-plankton and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed micro-plankton and brine shrimp when its tentacles are out in the evenings.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Very hardy coral. Moderate to low light (100 to 250PAR.) Moderate to low flow. Likes to be placed on the sand bed.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- There are various colour variations for this coral including brown, grey, green, orange, red and tan.