Letourneuxi's Jewel Cichlid (Hemichromis letourneauxi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Letourneuxi's Jewel Cichlid)
Letourneuxi's Jewel Cichlid
208 Litres (55 US G.)
10-12 cm (3.9-4.7")
6.0 - 6.5
22 -25 °C (71.6-77°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Additional scientific names
- Hemichromis rolandi, Hemichromis saharae, Hemichromis bimaculatus saharae, Hemichromis letourneauxi
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Africa: Nile to Senegal from North Africa to côte d'Ivoire. Also introduced from Everglades to Big cypress national park in Florida.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are brighter than females in breeding season.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A moderatly aggressive fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Should accept most foods including pellet and flake, as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Does best in a mature planted tank with plenty of hiding places.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Is territorial and may pick on tank mates.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- H. letourneauxi should not be confused with Hemichromis lifalili as they are very similar but H. lifalili tends to be more red in colour.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )