Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab (Calcinus laevimanus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Left-Handed Hermit Crab)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab
76 Litres (20 US G.)
1.3-2.5cm (0.5-1 ")
8.2 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab, Hawaiian Reef Hermit Crab, Left-Handed Hermit Crab
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Requires close examination
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Will not bother fish tankmates, but may prey on snails for their shells.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will eat many kinds of algae, including red slime algae. If there's not enough algae present, supplement with dried seaweed.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Reef tank.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small hermit. The lower half of its eye stalk is blue, and the upper half, orange. The legs are striking with black and white banding.