Flash Pleco (Panaqolus albivermis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from L204)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
6.5 - 8.4
26 -30 °C (78.8-86°F)
- Flash Pleco, L204
Additional scientific names
- Panaque sp "L204"
- South America: Peru, Rio Alejandro.
- Can't be sexed easily when juvenile, but when it begins to mature males develop odontodes on their backs. Females are much more rounded and stockier than more slender males.
- A peaceful Pleco as long as you are not another Pleco. They are sociable as juveniles but will become territorial as they mature. Keep with similar-sized peaceful community fish.
- Mainly vegetarian. In the aquarium it will eat many prepared vegetables/ algae wafers etc. Also requires wood in it's diet. Animal protein should only be given as a treat, not as a staple diet.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a spacious and well filtered tank combined with plenty of hiding places. Prefers a sand or fine gravel substrate (be careful with sand as it can get kicked up into the filter mechanism) with bogwood décor.
- Mostly active at night with aquarium lights off.
- An attractive Pleco, it has a brown body with an elongated caudal fin. The body has slender diagonal golden bands across it, as do the fins. This attractive colouration does fade as the fish ages.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )