Phantom Bannerfish (Heniochus pleurotaenia)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Indian Bannerfish)
265 Litres (70 US G.)
12.7-15.2cm (5-6 ")
8.0 - 8.5
22.2-23.9°C (72 -75 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Phantom Bannerfish, Phantom Butterflyfish, Indian Bannerfish
Origin[edit | edit source]
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Requires close examination
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This Bannerfish can be territorial towards other Bannerfish. They can be kept in pairs or groups in a large enough aquarium, however, in order to keep several they would need to be added to the tank at the same time. Should not be kept with aggressive fish and is otherwise peaceful towards tank mates. Reef safe, and will eat aiptasia.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Phantom Bannerfish are largely plankton eaters in the wild. A diet of frozen, freeze-dried, fresh or flake food is readily accepted. Also provide regular vegetable food source and vitamin-boosting supplements.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Reef tank
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Should only kept to peaceful tankmates
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )