Threeband Bannerfish (Heniochus chrysostomus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
284 Litres (75 US G.)
15.2-17.8cm (6-7 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Pennant Bannerfish, Threeband Bullfish, Pennant Bullfish, Pennant Butterflyfish, Threeband Butterflyfish
Additional scientific names
- Heniochus permutatus, Heniochus melanistion, Heniochus drepanoides, Chaetodon teatae
Origin[edit | edit source]
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Requires close examination
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful, but not reef safe.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Eats Sponges and Soft Coral, but should accept most meaty foods in the aquarium.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Daily, ideally at least 3 times due to their activity level and high metabolism.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- FOWLR tank with mature live rock on which it can graze.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Should only kept with peaceful tank mates.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- The Pennant Bannerfish can be recognized by its colouration. It is white with a black band crossing the head and extending through the ventral fins. Two brown bands cross the body. The snout is yellow; the fourth dorsal fin spine supports an expanded pennant.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )