Halfblack Angelfish (Centropyge vrolikii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Halfblack Angelfish)
265 Litres (70 US G.)
7.6-12.7cm (3-5 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Halfblack Angelfish, Pearlscale Angelfish
Additional scientific names
- Holacanthus vrolikii
- Christmas Island, and Bali to the Marshall Islands,south to Lord Howe Island, as well as Southern japan, and Tonga
- There are no visual differences between male and females. As with all saltwater angelfishes, they are born females, and become males.
- Reef tank, if it has only hard corals
- Pale tan or light brown becoming blackish on the posterior third of the body and the adjacent fins. Scales on the light portion with white centres. The edge of the gill opening, and the base of the pectoral fins orange. The rear portion of the dorsal and anal fins, and the caudal fin with submarginal narrow blue line.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )