Coral Beauty (Centropyge bispinosa)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Dusky Angelfish)
114 Litres (30 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
8.1 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Coral Beauty, Twospined Angelfish, Dusky Angelfish
Additional scientific names
- Holacanthus bispinosus, Centropyge bispinosus
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Not reef compatible, will nip at corals. The least aggressive of the Angelfish species, but will fight if there's not enough space.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will eat prepared small dry fish food pellets. Enjoys frozen prepared foods- brine shrimp and small mysis bits, but will also pick at tank algaes on its own and sometimes corals. Doesn't pick at my small invertebrates (hermits doing the reef janitorials).
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Minimum once every second day. Then he is very willing, as are the others. Otherwise feed them twice a day, lightly in the morning and evening.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Somewhat territorial, aggressive to other Angels of similar size, only 1 to a tank. Otherwise somewhat shy and likes lots of reef hiding places. Coral Beauty also swims at every level of the tank- top to bottom.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )