Silver Flying Fox (Crossocheilus reticulatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Silver Flying Fox
208 Litres (55 US G.)
15.2-17.8cm (6-7 ")
6.5 - 7.2
20 -25 °C (68-77°F)
- Silver Flying Fox
Additional scientific names
- Holotylognathus reticulatus, Tylognathus reticulatus, Crossocheilus tchangi
- Asia: Mekong and Chao Phraya basins.
- Difficult to visually sex. Mature females may have a fuller belly than males.
- These fish should usually be fairly peaceful as long as they are kept in small groups.
- Primarily algae eaters, will constantly graze. If not enough algae is present, supplement with blanched vegetables and algae wafers.
- Supplement when needed.
- These fish prefer strong currents with rounded rock and bogwood décor with gravel substrate.
- An active grazer that prefers company of its own kind.
- An elongate and slender shark-like fish that is silver in colour with dark borders around the scales. The base of the caudal fin has a dark spot and all fins are translucent with yellow hues.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )