Blue Damselfish (Chrysiptera cyanea)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Cornflower Sergeant-Major)
114 Litres (30 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Blue Damselfish, Blue Devil Damselfish, Sapphire Devil, Cornflower Sergeant-Major
Additional scientific names
- Glyphisodon cyaneus, Glyphisodon uniocellatus, Glyphisodon azureus, Glyphidodon assimilis
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Indo-West Pacific: eastern edge of the Indian Ocean and Western Australia to New Guinea, New Britain, Solomon Islands, Marianas and Caroline Islands, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan and Ryukyu Islands.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Adult males distinctly have yellowish orange colours on the tail.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This fish is known to be territorial towards others of it's kind, but if provided with many areas to stake out territories and free swimming space, you can cut down on this territorial behaviour.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This fish is hardy when it comes to feeding. Most food is accepted, including flake. Feed a varied diet including live, frost, freeze dried, and dry foods. If possible, this fish should be fed little and often. If not, feed at the same time every day.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- If possible, feed little and often, if not, feed at the same time every day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Needs an SG of 1.020-1.025.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Known to be territorial towards others of it's kind, this fish can overcome it's aggressive nature if you provide it with many hides and free swimming space. Like Clownfish, the Blue Damsel is known to stick it's head in and out of it's hiding place several times before exiting it's home. It will wait for food to come near it's hiding place and then dart out to capture food.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Similar to the Yellowtail Blue Damselfish minus yellow markings.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )