Great Snakehead (Channa marulius)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Bullseye Snakehead)
1325 Litres (350 US G.)
150-180 cm (59.1-70.9")
6.5 - 7.5
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Great Snakehead, Bullseye Snakehead, Cobra Snakehead
Additional scientific names
- Channa marulia, Ophicephalus marulius, Ophicephalus grandinosus, Ophicephalus leucopunctatus
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Asia: India to China, south to Thailand and Cambodia and Pakistan
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This is a very large, aggressive and predatory fish that, if kept with other fish, should be in very large aquaria and with similar size or larger than the Snakehead and very robust.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- A fairly unfussy fish that will accept the vast majority of meaty foods including crickets, earthworms, tadpoles and pieces of fish. In the wild they take frogs, fish, birds, snakes and small rodents!
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed sparingly once or twice a day. This fish has a voracious appetite.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish requires extremely large secure aquaria, a tropical pond is ideal.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A very large, predatory and aggressive fish.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
|In a holding tank:|
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )