Salmon Catfish (Neoarius leptaspis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Boofhead Catfish)
946 Litres (250 US G.)
50-60 cm (19.7-23.6")
6.5 - 8.2
20 -30 °C (68-86°F)
- Salmon Catfish, Salmontail Catfish, Boofhead Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Arius leptaspis, Hexanematichthys leptaspis
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- It is not possible to sex this fish visually and there have been no reports of captive breeding.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Appreciates company of it's own kind and is generally peaceful. Can pose a threat to smaller fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including sinking pellet, flake and wafers as well as blanched vegetables and live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Must have an exceptionally large and spacious tank with excellent filtration. Appreciates brackish water over freshwater.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful active shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongate and slender fish with a sharply forked caudal and a shark-like swimming pattern. Is is deep grey-silver in colour with several sets of barbels.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )