Blue Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia lacustris)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blue Rainbowfish)
170 Litres (45 US G.)
10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
7.0 - 8.0
20 -24 °C (68-75.2°F)
- Blue Rainbowfish, Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish, Turquoise Rainbowfish
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- It is not easy to sex this fish, occasionally the male will be slightly more vivid in colour and when mature, the male's body is slightly deeper. Both males and females will display, but females less often.
- Can be kept with similar sized peaceful community fish. Keep this fish in groups of 5 or more.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a spacious and laterally long tank as these fish are active swimmers.
- A peaceful active shoaling fish.
- This Rainbowfish has the typical deep-bodied, high-backed and laterally compressed body shape. It has a dark lateral line and the rest of the body is a rich iridescent turquoise colour, the belly being more yellow.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )