Blue Danio (Danio kerri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blue Danio)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
4-5 cm (1.6-2")
6.5 - 7.0
23 -25 °C (73.4-77°F)
- Blue Danio, Kerr's Danio, Splendid Danio
Additional scientific names
- Brachydanio kerri
- Asia: Malay Peninsula.
- Mature females are fuller in the belly than slender males.
- A peaceful active fish that does best in shoals of 6 or more. Do not keep with slow-moving long-finned fish in case of fin-nipping, nor with anything very shy as they will be bothered by this fish's active nature.
- This fish should accept most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice day.
- These fish do not do well in tall tanks, house them in long tanks with a reasonable amount of swimming space as well as tall plants. They would do well with floating plants and bogwood décor.
- A very active peaceful shoaling fish.
- Typical torpedo-shaped Danio that has blue and gold horizontal stripes from the caudal fin to the gill plates. These stripes can sometimes appear shorter and won't always reach to the gill plates.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )