Blue Chromis Damsel (Chromis cyaneus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blue Chromis Damsel)
Blue Chromis Damsel
114 Litres (30 US G.)
10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
8.2 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Blue Chromis Damsel, Blue Reef Chromis Damsel, Blue Chromis
Additional scientific names
- Chromis cyanea, Furcaria cyanea, Heliastes cyaneus
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Western Atlantic: Bermuda, southern Florida (USA), and the Caribbean Sea. Including the Bahamas, Gulf of Mexico and Antilles
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- In a large aquarium best kept in groups of 5 or more, they will shoal and school.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Omnivorous. Will feed best on flake, pellet, frozen foods. Seaweed should be offered once in a while but it's not an active algae feeder.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Reef tank
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Mixes well with peaceful tank mates
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This fish has a vivid blue metallic body with a bold black stripe running across the top of the spine to the tip of the caudal. A second black line mirrors the first on the caudal.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )