Blastomussa Coral (Blastomussa merletti)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blastomussa Coral)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Blastomussa Coral, Branched Cup Coral, Pipe Coral, Swollen Brain Coral, Pineapple Coral
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful coral that should not be kept with fish or invertebrates that may nip it, nor with any other corals that may sting it with their long sweeping tentacles.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This coral contains the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae from which it receives the majority of its nutritional requirements through photosynthesis. It generally does not require any supplemental feedings but may pick up any other micro-plankton or foods designed for other tank invertebrates.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- This coral is hardy but does best in an established tank. It prefers a low water current and a medium light level, so does best in the middle regions of the tank depending on the lighting.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Can be confused with Brain Corals and some Mushroom Corals. It has many round swollen discs that when open, resemble a Mushroom Anemone.