Muller's Butterflyfish (Chelmon mulleri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blackfin Coralfish)
473 Litres (125 US G.)
15.2-17.8cm (6-7 ")
8.1 - 8.4
20-25°C (68 -77 °F)
- Muller's Butterflyfish, Blackfin Coralfish
- Endemic to Western Pacific: found exclusively on coastal reefs and estuaries of Queensland. Recently recorded from northwestern Australia.
- Not possible to visually sex.
- A generally peaceful fish but should not be kept with other Butterflyfish nor with any stress-inducing fish. House in a reef tank with caution, they will pick on feather dusters and anemones and may well nip at invertebrates too.
- Can be difficult to feed. Should be offered a variety of foods including mysis shrimp, vitamin enriched brine shrimp, or frozen whole cockle. Has been used for Aiptasia control
- Feed several times a day.
- Does best in a large established marine system with hiding places in live rock.
- Exercise caution, as they can nip invertebrates.
- Darker than the similar Copperband Butterflyfish.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )