Saddle Butterflyfish (Chaetodon ephippium)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Black-Blotched Butterflyfish)
284 Litres (75 US G.)
20.3-22.9cm (8-9 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Saddle Butterflyfish, Saddleback Butterflyfish, Blackblotch Butterflyfish, Black-Blotched Butterflyfish, Saddled Coralfish
Additional scientific names
- Chaetodon garnoti, Chaetodon mulsanti, Chaetodon principalis
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Best kept one to a tank and without any other similar Butterflyfish. Not reef-safe, will eat some invertebrates, soft corals and some stony corals.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Carnivorous, will eat most meaty foods.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Can be kept in a reef environment and prefers a spacious mature tank with hiding places, but will nibble at and eat most soft and stony corals and invertebrates.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )