Clown Killifish (Pseudepiplatys annulatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Banded Panchax)
38 Litres (10 US G.)
2.5-3.8cm (1-1.5 ")
5.5 - 7.2
23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Clown Killifish, Banded Killifish, Banded Panchax, Rocket Panchax, Rocket Killifish, Clown Panchax
Additional scientific names
- Epiplatys annulatus, Haplochilus annulatus, Aplocheilus annulatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males have a more colourful tail.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Due to this fish's timid nature it should only be housed with peaceful fish of similar tiny size. Be aware that they will eat or pick on fish which are smaller in size, such as shrimp.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish can be kept in aquariums as small as 38 Litres (10 US G.). Keeping this fish in a group and in a heavily planted tank will help reduce stress on your fish. These fish are excellent jumpers, so a tight fitting lid is essential.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- This fish is typically timid and will frequently hide in the ornamentation.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )