Ansorge's Neolebias (Neolebias ansorgii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Ansorge's Neolebias)
38 Litres (10 US G.)
2-3.5 cm (0.8-1.4")
5.0 - 6.0
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Ansorge's Neolebias, Landgraf's Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Neolebias landgrafi
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males are slightly smaller and more vibrantly coloured than females.
- Best kept in groups in a species tank as this is an exceptionally shy small fish. It may spend most of its time hidden and stressed if kept with other species, even if they're completely peaceful.
- Feed this tiny fish with crushed flakes and small live/frozen foods such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish are quite sensitive to water parameters so small frequent water changes will be necessary and they should be kept in a mature tank only. They do not appreciate strong currents and need plenty of places to hide.
- A shy peaceful shoaling fish.
- A small slender fish with an orange-red body and a thick band running down the lateral line which is iridescent green-blue in colour.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )