Croaking Gourami (Trichopsis vittata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
6-7 cm (2.4-2.8")
6.5 - 7.5
22 -28 °C (71.6-82.4°F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males have a larger anal fin, the length passes the tail fin. The colouration on males is also brighter/intense. Females are smaller.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Fairly friendly when not breeding, male and female guard the bubble nest in a 20cm radius fiercely, when there are eggs or fry. They are shy towards other fish and do not appreciate hyper active tank companions.
- They can't be trusted with dwarf shrimps, they hunt for the shrimp offspring, but don't eat the bigger mature shrimps.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Eats almost anything, and appreciates live food such as bloodworm the most.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Standard. Feeding them multiple times a day with varied food and live food will encourage them to breed.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Densely planted tank, especially near the water's surface. Floating plants are recommended.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Shy and inquisitive, but bold and aggressive around the bubble nest if breeding was successful.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )