Sparkling Earth Eater (Satanoperca acuticeps)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Sparkling Earth Eater
170 Litres (45 US G.)
15-17 cm (5.9-6.7")
6.0 - 7.0
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Sparkling Earth Eater, Sparkling Geophagus, Sharphead Eartheater
Additional scientific names
- Geophagus acuticeps
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature males have longer fin extensions than females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful fish that should be kept with similar sized robust yet peaceful fish such as larger Tetras and Plecos. They may view much smaller fish as food. They are best kept in a group of at least 6, more females than males.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Should accept pellets and flake as well as live/frozen foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed two or three times a day.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Usually peaceful fish that does well in a group of their own kind.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An oval-shaped slender Cichlid with a long sloping forehead and large mouth with the eyes set well to the top of the head. It is pale green with iridescence in colour with three dark spots down the lateral line on the flanks and a fourth dark spot on the caudal peduncle. The fins are pale green-yellow with hints of orange.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )