Gangetic Scissortail Rasbora (Rasbora rasbora)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Gangetic Scissortail Rasbora
95 Litres (25 US G.)
10-13 cm (3.9-5.1")
6.0 - 7.0
20 -26 °C (68-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Ganges Rasbora, Gangetic Scissortail Rasbora
Additional scientific names
- Cyprinus rasbora, Leuciscus rasbora, Leuciscus microcephalus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are more slender than females. Females are determined by the roundness of their body; this is best seen by looking down into the tank.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Rasboras are great community fish, but do better when in groups of six or more.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Be sure to have a secure lid, these fish are exceptionally good jumpers and they need lots of room to swim.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Scissortail Rasboras can grow up to six inches in length, and can be identified by their silver scales and black horizontal strip on there tail.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )