From The Aquarium Wiki
Poor Man's Dupla Drops[edit | edit source]
A Plant Fertilizer Recipe for the Control of Algae in Planted Aquaria:
by Conlin and Sears
- 1 Tbsp (~9g) Chelated Trace Element Mix (7% Fe, 1.3% B, 2% Mn, 0.06% Mo, 0.4% Zn, 0.1% Cu, EDTA, DTPA)
- 2 Tsp (~14g) K2SO4 (Potassium sulphate)
- 1 Tsp (~6g) KNO3 (Potassium nitrate)
- 2.5 Tbsp (~33g) MgSO4.7H2O (fully hydrated magnesium sulphate, aka epsom salts; omit if already present in trace element mix)
- 300ml distilled/de-ionized or RO H2O water
- 0.5ml 9Molar (HCl) Hydrogen chloride (optional). See Molar solution.
It is a common misnomer that PMDD stands for 'Poor Man's Dosing Drops' but is indeed named after the propitiatory 'Dupla drops' method
Reference[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- See article Plant nutrients.