Mono (Monodactylus argenteus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
284 Litres (75 US G.)
22.9-25.4cm (9-10 ")
7.2 - 7.8
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Mono, Fingerfish, Silver Moony, Malayan Angel, Mono Angel, Silver Mooney
- Sri Lanka
- Impossible to tell the sexes apart.
- Will prey on small fish, so tank mates should be no smaller than 3". Keep in shoals of at least 3-4 or more.
- Omnivorous, will eat most things including krill, small pieces of fish and par-boiled vegetables.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Juveniles sold as freshwater, but these are brackish fish, needing a gravity of 1.010 or so to thrive. Adults can live in marine water.
- Mono's are active loosely-shoaling fish.
- Very distinctive shaped fish, unmistakable. Similar in shape but more exaggerated to the freshwater Angelfish. It has a silver body with vertical black lines running down through the eye, behind the gills and has yellow tinged dorsal, tail and anal fins.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )