Ice Blue Red Top Zebra (Maylandia greshakei)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Ice Blue Red Top Zebra
208 Litres (55 US G.)
12-14 cm (4.7-5.5")
7.5 - 8.2
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- William's Mbuna
Additional scientific names
- Metriaclima greshakei
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature males should be more colourful with blue with orange fins, whereas a mature female is a dull brown/greyish colour.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Should be kept in a Mbuna set up with similar sized Cichlids of moderate aggression. Multiple males may fight with each other and fish of similar colouration and shape, one male is best to a tank unless the tank is very large.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Should primarily be fed vegetable matter including flake or spirulina, they should also accept small meaty foods such as brine shrimp or krill.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed for 30 seconds 2-4 times a day 2 minutes maximum. They will eat more given a chance.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- These Cichlids need a typical Mbuna set up with sand substrate and plenty of rocks and caves in which to hide. They are not planted tank safe.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- They are mild to moderately aggressive. Much more aggressive when spawning. Will attack other males of the same species and fish of similar colouration and shape. Suitable for a community Mbuna tank given the right space. They are a colourful addition to the average community tank.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- See Sexing
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )