Magnificent Anemone (Heteractis magnifica)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Magnificent Anemone, Ritteri Anemone
Synonyms[edit | edit source]
- Radianthus ritteri
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This creature will sting nearby corals, and will consume anything that swims in its grasp. Clownfish have a symbiotic relationship with this creature.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Frozen foods, small pieces of fish, crustaceans, zooplankton, phytoplankton, and mussels.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires a very large set up due to this anemone's potential huge size. The tank should be well lit and have good water flow.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This is a large anemone, grows up to 3 feet in wild, but rarely more than 1 foot in captivity. It has long non-tapering tentacles, although the ends may appear swollen at times. It is able to almost completely retract into the base.
Flow[edit | edit source]
- This anemone prefers strong, intermittent, water flow.
Clownfish Hosts[edit | edit source]
- The following Clownfish are known to host this anemone: