Coral Beauty (Centropyge bispinosa)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
8.1 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Coral Beauty, Twospined Angelfish, Dusky Angelfish
Additional scientific names
- Holacanthus bispinosus, Centropyge bispinosus
- Not reef compatible, will nip at corals. The least aggressive of the Angelfish species, but will fight if there's not enough space.
- Will eat prepared small dry fish food pellets. Enjoys frozen prepared foods- brine shrimp and small mysis bits, but will also pick at tank algaes on its own and sometimes corals. Doesn't pick at my small invertebrates (hermits doing the reef janitorials).
- Minimum once every second day. Then he is very willing, as are the others. Otherwise feed them twice a day, lightly in the morning and evening.
- Somewhat territorial, aggressive to other Angels of similar size, only 1 to a tank. Otherwise somewhat shy and likes lots of reef hiding places. Coral Beauty also swims at every level of the tank- top to bottom.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )