Blue Spruce Caulastrea (Caulastrea furcata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Blue Spruce Caulastrea, Bullseye Coral, Candy Coral, Candycane Coral, Trumpet Coral
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful coral, should not be kept with any fish or invertebrates that may nip at it, nor near any other corals that may sting it with their sweeping tentacles.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This coral benefits from the addition of calcium, strontium, and other trace elements as well as supplemental feedings of foods such as brine shrimp and zooplankton.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Supplement food should be fed weekly.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- This coral should be placed with plenty of space around it to allow for growth. Their position in the aquarium should be according to the lighting, they are fairly hardy to a variety of light levels. With metal halides keep them in a mid to low position, any other lighting should be mid to high. Water movement should be kept to a medium level.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- The skeletal structure consists of tubular stalks with stars on each tip. The plump circular polyps are vibrant green, yellow, or blue, and each tip is white. Under actinic light its colourful polyps will stand out from most other corals.