Electric Blue Hermit Crab (Calcinus elegans)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Electric Blue Hermit Crab
114 Litres (30 US G.)
2.5-5.1cm (1-2 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Blue Knuckle Hermit Crab, Electric Blue Hermit Crab, Electric Leg Hermit Crab, Halloween Hermit Crab
Sexing[edit | edit source]
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Can be aggressive towards snails.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Part of the clean-up crew, it will eat many kinds of algae and sift the sand. Its diet can be supplemented with dried seaweed.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- How often to feed, etc.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Needs an SG of 1.023-1.025.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Blue legs striped with black bands. Long eye stalks, lower half blue, upper half orange. Bright orange antennae. A colour variant of this species can be found in the Hawaiian Islands. It sports black and orange legs instead of the normal black and blue legs. This variation is commonly known as the "Halloween Hermit".