African Moon Tetra (Bathyaethiops caudomaculatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
African Moon Tetra
76 Litres (20 US G.)
6-8 cm (2.4-3.1")
6.3 - 7.3
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
- African Moon Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Micralestes caudomaculatus, Alestopetersius caudomaculatus, Hemigrammalestes caudomaculatus, Phenacogrammus caudomaculatus
- A mature female will appear more full in the belly than the male.
- A peaceful shoaling community fish, keep in groups of 6 or more with other peaceful tank mates of similar size.
- Omnivorous and will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Appreciates a densely planted tank with open swimming space.
- A peaceful shoaling fish that generally occupies the top levels of the water column.
- An attractive Tetra with a rounded body, which is coloured a pale yellow and with large round eyes. The fins are translucent and tinged with red with a large black spot at the base of the forked caudal fin.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )